Bring some warmth to this chilly February day with a zero-effort chili that’s low on calories but packed with protein and fiber. Then sneak back under some blankets, ’cause damn it is cooold!
Lazy Girl Four-Can Chili
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can light red kidney beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Chili seasoning (Lawry’s Chili & Garlic is amaze-balls), garlic powder, crushed black pepper
In a large saucepan, saute onion until slightly browned. Add black beans, kidney beans, drained corn, tomatoes and seasonings. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. To increase heat, try sauteing a bit of diced jalapeno with the onion.
Serves 4 Serving size: 1 cup (8-ounces) Calories: 294 Fat 1.5g Carbohydrates: 62.8g Fiber: 14g Protein: 15.7g